I decided to take the feed on my home page and replace it with this blog, which is much easier to keep up with. Here is an archive of material from the old feed:
-Trio with John Murchison and Sam Ospovot @ Botanica on May 31st
-Trio with Ben Kraus and Jeffrey Fajardo @ Queens Kickshaw on July 25th
-New work commissioned by New Thread Sax Quartet via Queens Council of The Arts
-Trio with John O'Brien and John Murchsion @ ABC No Rio - March 30th
-Quiet City performs @ Firehouse Space, with Iktus Percussion, Angelica Negron and Aaron Siegel - June 7th
-Atlas to be performed at University of South Florida on 11/8/13
-New piece to be performed by Iktus Percussion at Spectrum, NYC on 11/2/13
-Danica Borisaveljevic to premiere solo piano work at Firehouse Space, date TBA
-Playing Terry Riley's In C as part of Con Vivo, Jersey City, curated by Zach Herchen, 9/21/13
- Playing with Elevator Rose at 345 Eldert St., Brooklyn on 6/8
- Playing the music of Joe Fee at Shapeshifter Lab in Brooklyn on 6/6
- JACK Space - premiering a piece with Quiet City + John Cage - Quartet on 6/17
- Cold Storage, Florida Ave Ale's featured performer - Tampa, Florida on 6/27
- Playing with Downbeat on 6/28 in Clearwater, FL
- Diana Mino hosts Quiet City, Alejandro Acierto and Drew Sayers 3 @ r&d studios, Brooklyn, on 7/14 - performances of Pedal Weight and Dream Path No. 2
-Announced: Showdown @ JACK (Brooklyn) Vol. 2 - Featuring Quiet City, Elevator Rose, Iktus Percussion, ThingNY, Anti-Social Music- June 17th
-Vox Novus at Jan Hus Church (NYC): April 13th
-ABC No Rio (NYC) with Steven Leffue (sax): May 12th
-Somethin' Jazz (NYC) with icQk Orchestra - May 20th
-Vasu Panicker and Luke Schwartz duo at Spectrum with the JazzFakers on 4/1/13
-Variations on Control (pierrot ensemble) performed by InnoVox @ Quiet City Presents NYC Composers and Performers - Secret Theatre, LIC, Queens on 4/5/13
-InnoVox Ensemble will premiere a newly commissioned piece, Variations on Control (pierrot plus), at their debut concert at Spectrum, NYC on March 10th
-Dance for solo piano, and Serenade for violin and piano will be performed as part of the Lucy Moses School Contemporary Music Festival at Merkin Concert Hall
-Routes (2 guitars, cello and percussion) and Wheel (2 guitars and percussion) performed at JACK Space, Brooklyn, with ThingNY, Iktus Percussion, Elevator Rose, Ant-Social Music and New Thread Quartet.
-Routes (Atlas No. 2), for 2 guitars, cello and percussion + new music for guitars and percussion to be performed at ABC No Rio's coma series on 1/27/13.
-New music to be showcased as part of Tania Leon's Composers Now Festival at Jack Space, Brooklyn on 2/18/13
-New work for pierrot plus commissioned by InnoVox ensemble - to be premiered April 5th in NYC!
-Performing Andriessen's Worker's Union at Jack Space in Brooklyn on 12/8, with members of ThingNY, Elevator Rose and Anti-Social Music
-Worker's Union (Andriessen) performed at Spectrum, NYC with members of ThingNY, Elevator Rose and Anti-Social Music on Election Night.
-Quiet City will perform at ABC No Rio's COMA series - music for guitars and percussion - on 1/27/13
- Recipient of the 2012 ASCAP Plus Award!
- First Construction to perform Dream Path at the Firehouse Space in Brooklyn, NY on 10/19/12! http://thefirehousespace.org/event/1st-construction/
- The ensemble First Construction will premiere the newly commissioned work "Dream Path" (alto sax, violin and piano) at Mount Vernon Music Space in Baltimore, MD on October 14th!
- Miami based guitarist Federico Bonacossa will perform Ripples (solo guitar and electronics) as part of Miami Dade College's "On Stage Series". Federico is featured as a soloist on October 4th, performing works for solo guitar and electronics!
- On 10/21, First Construction performs Dream Path as part of Rhymes with Opera's Music Salon at Christ Church 6:30pm - 520 Park Ave - New York, NY
- I am excited to announce that Quiet City is expanding into a network of composers and performers. Click here for updates: Quiet City
- Open Tangents is accepted for performance at the University of Mary Washington's 2nd Annual Electro-acoustic Barn Dance Festival!
- Presentation of work as Official Guest Composer at the University of South Florida's composition seminar on 8/31/12
- Joint Venture (2 guitars and electronics) premiered with Nathan Corder at Subterranean Art House in Berkeley, CA on 6/22/12
- Atlas performed at New Music Forum's 10th Annual Festival of Contemporary Music, with Nathan Corder, Scott Siler and Paul Rhodes, Berkeley, CA on 6/23/12
- Solo piano piece commissioned by Danica Borisavljevic
- Dream Path No. 2 (solo guitar and electronics) premiered at COMA experimental music series - NYC - 6/17/12
- Zach Herchin and Sam Chernoff premiere Optic Thought (alto sax and cello) at COMA experimental music series - NYC 6/17/12
- Luke Schwartz and Nathan Corder Duo - experimental music for 2 guitars. Also featuring Rent Romus/Lords of Outland and Night Worship (Scott Siler and Ryan Jobes) on June 22nd, 2012 @ Subterranean Art House - Berkeley, CA - 8pm
- ABC No Rio's COMA Series will present "The Music of Luke Schwartz" - works for solo guitar/electronics and music for saxophone and cello - on Sunday, June 17th @ ABC No Rio - Manhattan
- Quiet City (Burke, Cohen, Klug, Mullins and Schwartz) premiere live film scores "Spaces and Times" (Schwartz), and two pieces by Bernd Klug at Spectacle Theater in Brooklyn on May 2nd! www.quietcitymusic.com
- Atlas (2 guitars, cello and percussion) is a prize winner of New Music Forum's Composition Competition. The piece will be performed at the 10th Annual Festival of Contemporary Music in Berkeley, California on June 23rd! http://newmusicforum.com/ http://trinitychamberconcerts.com/2011-2012.html#d120623
- Number Shades (2 guitars, cello, double bass, percussion and electronics) to be premiered at ABC No Rio - Manhattan - on April 22nd
- "10-29-11" for flute and strings, recorded at Ann Goodman Recital Hall - Kaufman Center, NYC
- Quiet City to feature live film scores by Bernd Klug and Luke Schwartz at Spectacle Theater in Brooklyn on Wednesday, May 2nd!
- Premiere of a new piece commissioned by the ensemble First Construction (Ela Polak, Zach Herchen and Danica Borisavljevic) to be announced!
- Quiet City (Luke Schwartz, Steven Cohen, Meaghan Burke, Bernd Klug and Sarah Mullins) to perform at ABC No Rio [Manhattan] as part of the COMA series on April 22nd, 2012!
- Premiere of "10-29-11" @ Merkin Concert Hall - Manhattan.
-Video of Quiet City premiering "Atlas" @ Vaudeville Park - Brooklyn.
- Quiet City to perform @ Vaudeville Park in Brooklyn on December 11th (originally scheduled for October 29th, but postponed due to weather conditions)! This performance will feature special guest Mariel Roberts on cello! The group will premiere "Atlas" - for 2 guitars, cello and percussion - in addition to performing works by Avi Granite, Corenlius Cardew, and an experimental arrangement of music by Wayne Shorter. Click highlighted names for more info on performers/composers featured!
- Schwartz to have a new work premiered at the Merkin Concert Hall - 129 West 67th Street in Manhattan - on January 25th, 2012!
- Nicole Kootz and Michael Harper premiere Name Tags at USF's Barness Rectial Hall in Tampa, FL. Recording below!
**POSTPONED DUE TO BAD WEATHER, STAY TUNED FOR RESCHEDULED DATE IN NOVEMBER**
World Premiere of "Atlas" - for 2 guitars, cello and percussion - by Quiet City (debut Performance) @ Vaudeville Park in Brooklyn on Saturday, October 29th! Quiet City is a newly formed experimental music ensemble that focuses on works involving a mix between traditionally notated and improvised gestures, and experimental repertoire of the 20th/21st century.
-Other Upcoming Performances:
Name Tags - for Electric Violin and Bass Trombone - by Nicole Kootz and Michael Harper @ Barness Recital Hall @ University of South Florida, Tampa FL
Friday, November 5th @ 2pm
Optic Thought - for Cello and Alto Sax - by Austin Haigler and Michael Frazier @ Barness Recital Hall @ University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
-John Dunlap, Zachary Hale and Nathan Corder perform "Open Tangents" @ Miami's 12 Nights Electronic Music and Arts Festival - held at the GAB Studio, downtown.
-"Eastern Smog" for piano trio is performed at the 2011 All Florida Student Composers Festival
-Schwartz collaborates with composers Nathan Corder and Jerry Siano and performs at the grand opening of Trenton Doyle Hancock's exhibition at the USF Contemporary Art Museum. The show, "Music for No Good", was put on by USF's Systems Complex for the Recording and Performing Arts.
-Luke Schwartz gives a lecture on "The Use of Technology in Music Composition" as part of the 2011 Great American Teach-In.
-Schwartz performs at the closing of the old Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, FL in celebration of the new museum opening in January of 2011.